- If Reuben Foster Falls in the Draft, the Eagles Need to Jump
- The Philadelphia 76ers End of Season Grades: Shooting Guard
- Malik McDowell Could be a Monster in the Mile High City
- Philadelphia Phillies Weekly Recap: April 15 – April 21
- UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs Lobov – Nashville, Tennessee
- Farm Report: Season Wrap Up and Playoff Preview
- Derek Barnett Would Make a Great Addition for the Eagles
- Taco Charlton Presents a Pass-Rushing Option for Teams in the Mid-First Round
- John Ross Presents a Speedy Option for Teams in Need of Receivers
- Phillies SP Clay Buchholz has Surgery, Zach Eflin Called up
Bum Wine Bob Reviews the Forty Ounce Ballantine Ale
- Updated: January 18, 2017
We are spending the day today with something a little unique when it comes to the brands of forties that we’re most familiar with. Instead of the usual malt liquor standouts, this one comes to us from … Ballantine Ale!
I know … it’s not a bum wine, but when a brewer with this level pedigree releases a forty? You’re almost obligated to sample their take on the style!
Now this is only the second time that I have given Ballantine Ale a try. When I had a 40 of it a few years ago I had to say I was not very impressed at the time. Would it be better the second time around? Did I get a bad batch the first time?
I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong, and I was wrong about Ballantine Ale.
I have to say it was very enjoyable this time. It does have a somewhat hoppy taste, but it’s not too overpowering. The ABV of Ballantine Ale is 4.85% so it’s a tad on the lighter side, which can be a good thing when drinking it in a 40oz bottle.
Ballantine Ale is the BWB Forty Of The Week! Grab a bottle and enjoy!
Make sure to check out bumwinebob.com and remember to tune in LIVE this Saturday (time TBD) to the bumcast! Grab a drink and join the party! Cheers!