- If Reuben Foster Falls in the Draft, the Eagles Need to Jump
- The Philadelphia 76ers End of Season Grades: Shooting Guard
- Malik McDowell Could be a Monster in the Mile High City
- Philadelphia Phillies Weekly Recap: April 15 – April 21
- UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs Lobov – Nashville, Tennessee
- Farm Report: Season Wrap Up and Playoff Preview
- Derek Barnett Would Make a Great Addition for the Eagles
- Taco Charlton Presents a Pass-Rushing Option for Teams in the Mid-First Round
- John Ross Presents a Speedy Option for Teams in Need of Receivers
- Phillies SP Clay Buchholz has Surgery, Zach Eflin Called up
Corner Pub Beer Review – Sunshine Pils From Troegs Brewing
- Updated: March 29, 2017
As the Weather Warms, Troegs Sunshine Pils Accommodates!
‘Sunshine’ is defined as the following, per Webster’s Dictionary:
1 a : the sun’s light or direct rays b : the warmth and light given by the sun’s rays c : a spot or surface on which the sun’s light shines
2 : something (as a person, condition, or influence) that radiates warmth, cheer, or happiness
Pilsner has the following characteristics via Beer Advocate
The Czech Pilsner, or sometimes known as the Bohemian Pilsner, is light straw to golden color and crystal clear. Hops are very prevalent usually with a spicy bitterness and or a spicy floral flavor and aroma, notably one of the defining characteristics of the Saaz hop. Smooth and crisp with a clean malty palate, many are grassy. Some of the originals will show some archaic yeast characteristics similar to very mild buttery or fusel (rose like alcohol) flavors and aromas.
Now that we have that out of the way, on to the review!
For most of the year, I prefer to drink rich and flavorful styles of beer. When the weather gets as warmer however, I prefer lighter beers such as pale ales and pilsners. With that in mind, I picked up a six-pack of Sunshine Pils from Troegs Brewing of Hershey Pennsylvania!
The beer has a clear golden color and a thin head which dissipates rather quickly. I’m not sure how to describe the aroma. All I can say is that it smells like beer (that’s pretty normal right?). As far as the flavor, the Sunshine Pils has good carbonation and a crisp, clean finish. Not too malty, not too hoppy. The name describes it perfectly: a light, refreshing beer that can be enjoyed on a sunny day while relaxing by the pool.
Terrific option to enjoy outside on a hot summer day!