- If Reuben Foster Falls in the Draft, the Eagles Need to Jump
- The Philadelphia 76ers End of Season Grades: Shooting Guard
- Malik McDowell Could be a Monster in the Mile High City
- Philadelphia Phillies Weekly Recap: April 15 – April 21
- UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs Lobov – Nashville, Tennessee
- Farm Report: Season Wrap Up and Playoff Preview
- Derek Barnett Would Make a Great Addition for the Eagles
- Taco Charlton Presents a Pass-Rushing Option for Teams in the Mid-First Round
- John Ross Presents a Speedy Option for Teams in Need of Receivers
- Phillies SP Clay Buchholz has Surgery, Zach Eflin Called up
Corner Pub Grub: The Sam’s Italian Market ‘Sam I Am’ Sandwich
- Updated: April 3, 2017
Happy Phillies Opening Day everyone! First pitch for the fighting’s is just a couple minutes away at 4:10 this afternoon and I felt like this spring tradition calls for a #CornerPubGrub sandwich! This one is drawn exclusively from that culinary diamond mine, Sam’s Italian Market. I present for your approval, the Sam I Am sandwich!
Fortunately for me my better half works in the nearby area, and she managed a quick trip for me during her busy work day.
What we have here is some top shelf bread, herb oil, provolone, roasted red peppers, prosciutto, and mozzarella that I lightly breaded and fried in a misguided attempt to recreate mozzarella sticks. In summary, the “sticks” themselves didn’t turn out quite the way that I wanted. Everything else, however, worked like a charm!
Sam’s Italian Market is both family owned & operated in Willow Grove, PA since 1961. They feature fresh made entrees, pastas, sauces & Italian breads. Also in their arsenal are a cake decorator as well as a butcher, all on location. Be sure to visit their website at www.samsitalianmarket.net and visit their Instagram page (linked above).
I hope that you all enjoy this as much as I did! Have you tried to recreate and of our sandwiches? How did it go? Give me some feedback in the comments section below!