- If Reuben Foster Falls in the Draft, the Eagles Need to Jump
- The Philadelphia 76ers End of Season Grades: Shooting Guard
- Malik McDowell Could be a Monster in the Mile High City
- Philadelphia Phillies Weekly Recap: April 15 – April 21
- UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs Lobov – Nashville, Tennessee
- Farm Report: Season Wrap Up and Playoff Preview
- Derek Barnett Would Make a Great Addition for the Eagles
- Taco Charlton Presents a Pass-Rushing Option for Teams in the Mid-First Round
- John Ross Presents a Speedy Option for Teams in Need of Receivers
- Phillies SP Clay Buchholz has Surgery, Zach Eflin Called up
The Philadelphia Union Suffer Back to Back Road Losses
- Updated: April 4, 2017
The Unions last two matches were both away and both were losses.
Before international break started, the Union traveled to Florida to play against Orlando’s Magic on March 18th in their brand new stadium. Cyle Larin was able to score the first goal at the 39’ with just a tap in on the box. It was set piece all the way from midfield but the Union was too slow and the results were a goal to Orlando. The Union started the second half with a fiercer attitude. Fabian Herbers made a great pass to Alejandro Bedoya who then chipped the ball backward to C. J. Sapong who scored a great header and great equalizer at the 53’. A passed ball from midfield gave Larin a clear way to the box and a goal at 73’ to give Orlando the 3 points in the end.
With international break now out the way, the Union got back captain Bedoya and took a quick trip to Washington D.C to play D.C untied. The game didn’t start well for the Union with 2 goals for the home team in the first half of the match. Jose Ortiz took a shot towards the net at the 18’ and the ball then took a deflection from Andre Blake’s hand and went into the back of the net. At the 23’ Bill Hamid makes a great save for D.C when Haris Medunjanin took a big shot with his left foot. D.C Untied was given a penalty kick at the 27’ min due to Richie Marquez’s handball. Blake went the right way but wasn’t fast enough to stop D. C’s Luciano Acosta kick. At the 70’ Bedoya tries to slam the ball into the net but it takes a deflection off Hamid but C.J Sapong was able to get the rebound and score a goal, making this goal 3rd in his last 3 matches.
The union can’t undo the past, they can fix their problem which is more organized in the back when it comes to set pieces. They must now fix their problem and look forward. On to the next.